Volunteer day at Hilton Falls 2020
The Hilton Falls trails need help, but getting that accomplished in a responsible manner has become more complicated…
This year you need to receive HAFTA’s confirmation to attend because we can only have ten people present.
No confirmation means no admission.
You should also be aware that:
- Mask wearing will be required of all participants entering an enclosed space.
- Brief COVID-19 health questionnaire and contact information is required from all participants. (here is what you’ll be asked to sign)
- No more truck shuttling to trailhead; walking or riding only.
- You must pledge to keep a social distance of 2 meters from other participants, staff and visitors.
- Pruning only (You should know your way around the Hilton Falls trail network).
- There are further prevention measures for volunteers (from CH)
Event starts 9am, please arrive beforehand to complete Conservation Halton’s questionnaire. Suggest you use the washroom before leaving home (only outhouses are available) and bring hand sanitizer.
The usual is still recommended: Lots of water, snack, bug spray, sunscreen, sturdy shoes and work gloves. A hat, pants and long-sleeves, maybe even bug-netting. If you need a pruner, lopper of sheers we can provide them.
Note: Please honestly assess your prior risk of corona virus exposure and that of your close contacts before attending. It’s more important we avoid spreading COVID-19 than prune trails.
Sorry for all the rules, but we aim to take the virus situation seriously and want to keep all volunteers healthy.
RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org
Date: Sat Aug 15, 2020
Location: Hilton Falls Conservation Area, Get directions