Fall Build Day at Hilton Falls
Building bridges, literally!
Hilton Falls needs help to repair the bridge on Five-Bridges (near Bog’d up/Hilton Hwy) before snow flies.
All attendees should bring a well fitting mask and wear it properly while keeping a social distance.
Each attendee is asked to honestly assess their health the morning of, using this screening questionnaire. (Do this before leaving your home).
The plan is [for volunteers] to carry the 18pieces of 2x10x8 boards out to the bridge from the falls area, screw them together, dismantle the old bridge, cut the new runners to fit and then place the decking on the new runners.
- Mask (preferably a 3-layer or better)
- Hand sanitizer/work gloves
- Cordless drill and charged battery
- #2 red Robertson bit
- Claw hammer (for dealing with stubborn fasteners or decking)
- Waterproof boots if you’re going to cross the creek (usually the water isn’t high this time of year, but there could be some)
Event starts 9am at the Hilton Fall’s garage and runs until about noon.
Suggest you use the washroom before leaving home (only outhouses are available).
Sorry for all the rules, but nobody needs fall ill if we can help it.
This event is run by Conservation Halton, but please RSVP to email@example.com so we can manage the attendance numbers.
Hilton’s address is 4985 Campbellville Rd, Burlington, ON L7P 0G3
Date: Sat Oct 17, 2020
Location: Hilton Falls Conservation Area, Get directions